The better alternative
The Aquamatic combines the benefits of both inboard as well as outboard systems. These benefits with the counter-rotating twin propellers, the Duoprop, renders unrivaled and fuel-efficient performance with responsive handling and safe grip. Compared with the outboard engine, the sterndrive engine is placed lower and more forward in the boat. In rough sea conditions, this makes for a more comfortable ride.
Compared to outboards
- Duoprop for better handling and performance.
- Freshwater cooling as standard for longer service life.
- Lower center of gravity – a more comfortable ride.
- Engine safely inside the boat – longer service life.
- Higher theft protection – engine built into the boat.
- Optional Powertrim assistant and Tow-mode with Electronic Vessel Control (EVC).
- Uncluttered transom – easy access to the water.
- Increased fuel economy
Compared to inboards
- Reduced sound and vibrations – better onboard comfort
- Improved handling and easier maneuvering
- Compact, integrated installation at the stern gives more onboard space
- Duoprop for better handling and performance
- Higher fuel efficiency – better thrust angles give you better performance.
- Kick-up function on drive for impact protection
- Exhausts emitted through drive, into prop and washed away from boat
- Powertrim and optional Powertrim assistant to automatically optimize ride