The unique features of Aquamatic drives
Volvo Penta Aquamatic drives have a unique combination of features, not available with other brands. In the Aquamatic system, every component is developed for a perfect match.
1. Genuine through-the-drive exhaust leads fumes away and reduces noise.
2. Smooth shifting and exceptional durability with patented cone clutch.
3. Excellent corrosion resistance from saltwater-grade aluminum and multi-layer paint process.
4. Patented nickel-bronze-aluminum alloy propellers: extremely strong, corrosion and growth-resistant (DPH).
5. Patented, fully hydraulic and X-act steering with direct-mounted, external steering cylinders (DPH and DPR).
6. Hydrodynamically designed lower housing reduces drag and increases performance.
7. Patented “booster ring” that optimizes water flow to the propellers.
8. The break-away shaft coupling is designed to protect the transmission by shearing if the propellers strike a submerged object at speed.
9. Hydraulic powertrim with integrated kick-up function minimizes damage if a large underwater object is struck.