In many industrial applications, every single minute of downtime costs money. However, by having good knowledge and making the right decisions to suit your operations, there is a lot you can do to maximize uptime. Here are five critical areas where your understanding and choices have a direct impact.
Electrifying industrial applications brings several benefits for operators, fleet owners, OEMs and last but not least the climate. It offers improved energy efficiency and by extension lower energy costs. Because electric drivelines include fewer moving parts than diesel engines – and therefore less wear and tear – uptime improves too. Converting to electric also opens up new possibilities when it comes to vehicle architecture and design.
The transition has already started in many sectors. In this guide Volvo Penta lays out the ground work for OEMs looking to move from diesel to electric power in applications on land.
The guide goes through:
- Introduction and the state of different industries
- How does your customer use the vehicle?
- Are you ready for full electric or should you go hybrid first?
- What vehicle specifications do you need?
- What are your options when it comes to propulsion and e-motors?
- How does electrification impact safety?