The Volvo Penta D16 is an off-road, in-line 6-cylinder, 16.1-liter diesel engine. It features electronic high-pressure fuel injection, overhead camshaft, and turbo.
- Proven and straight-forward design – built on Volvo Group technology
- High power and torque already at low engine speed
- Compact, simple installation and easy to service
- Common platform enables adjustment to prevailing emission standards
- High sulphur-in-fuel tolerance
- Wide range of optional equipment
Here are the key specifications for this product model. Want more details? Download the brochure or contact us.
|Detailed Segment||Industrial Versatile|
|Crankshaft Power kW||405||450|
|Crankshaft Power HP||551||612|
|Number of Cylinders||6|
|Emission Levels||EU Stage IIIA/EPA Tier 3|
|Emission Compliance||UNECE Reg 96 Power band H, China Stage III, Bharat Stage III|
|Emission Control Technology||Internal EGR|
|High-pressure fuel injection||Electronic unit injectors|
|Product Family||16 liter series|
Key features and benefits for D16 - EU Stage IIIA/EPA Tier 3
High power and torque already at low engine speed. Well-balanced engine for smooth operation and low noise levels.
Compact, simple installation and easy to service. Easily accessible service points.
High-tech injection system contributes to efficient combustion and low fuel consumption. Emission reduction using internal EGR.